Search This Blog

5.18.2011

Seven year itch

[If you're not a hopeless romantic do not proceed to read this article]

Sometimes it's hard to wrap my mind around...Nick and I have been together for seven years.

When we started dating we had our driver's licenses for a year. We were trying to decide what colleges to go to. My biggest concern at the time was whether or not he'd make a fun prom date. I wasn't looking for a potential husband that's for sure.

And somehow seven years have flown by. People may think it's crazy to be with someone so long when you're only in your mid-twenties. My response is it's not for everyone. Not everyone can handle literally growing up then growing old with someone. I consider myself lucky.

We haven't missed out on life, but enhanced each others. We've experienced our fair share of challenges, heartaches and disappointments. But it's what you do in those moments and in those tests that make all the difference.  

We're at a time technically we're suppose to be experiencing the "seven year itch"...I know it's a little difficult to have when you're a newlywed, but I have to say I've never felt closer to him.

We talk more. Laugh more. Cry more. (eh and other things more).

But the one thing I love the most is that we're still learning about each other. There's so much to discover. I know we have a lot more growing up to do.

My itch is to enjoy this adventure of life together even more than we already have. Challenge each other. Try new things. And most of all don't get comfortable in the norm. Have a routine, but mix it up from time to time. Dare to be a different type of couple.

With Nick, forever isn't long enough.

© Nichole DeMario, 2010 – 2012. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment