Search This Blog

5.26.2011

Cheap.

Anyone that knows me well knows I love money. My father-in-law jokes that I probably have the first dollar I ever made. My grandmother tells me to, "Stop being a miser and take your husband out to dinner!" How's that for old-fashioned?

Poor Nick...I make him eat leftovers, I shop generic and I love a great deal. I was ecstatic when I found four blade disposable razors for Nick to try. They were $4 for 8 of them instead of $9 for 1 with two cartridges...my penny pinching self was over the moon.

When Nick opened his drawer in the bathroom he said, "Thanks for picking up razors. I was running low. Where did you find these?" I paused and said, "I hope you like them. I got a great deal."

I could see the skepticism. The thoughts running through his mind. Great my wife "got a deal" again.

Now don't judge me! They didn't fall of a truck. I didn't find them in the clearance bin. I didn't pick them up at a sketchy, everything is slightly lopsided dollar store.

I assured him that they were four blade they had to be good. The next day was time for a shave. He got himself all situated and ready to go. He grabbed the new FOUR BLADE razor out of the package and got to work removing all remnants of that five o'clock shadow.

I love the feel of his face and the smell of his aftershave after he's freshly shaven. What can I say? That baby face is incredibly sexy. But as he walked out of the bathroom I saw the results of my great deal. Tiny bits of tissue paper stuck on my blots of blood were strewn across his face.

His eyes were not accusatory. I felt guilty beyond belief. I of course was not the one who shaved his face, however I did supply the weapon.

He looked sad. He looked worried. All I could think of was I should really know his blood type for moments like this.

I couldn't help but crack a smile at the look on his face. I apologized profusely. Nick asked with the meekest voice, "I know they were a good deal, but you think we could just toss them and stick to the ones that work pleeeeaaaasssseeee?"

Poor Nick....he had to sacrifice his face for $5. His scabbed face made him look like a recent chicken pox victim.

But I gained more than $5 in my pocket...I got some pretty good razors for my legs!

© Nichole DeMario, 2010 – 2012. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment