Search This Blog

2.08.2011

Sleeping with my husband

Sleeping with my husband is an adventure every night. And by sleeping I mean really sleeping.

It started off with his incessant snoring. For weeks post-wedding I would be jolted awake by what sounded like an engine starting up in my ear.

Adapt and overcome...adapt and overcome. Eventually my light sleeper ways subsided.

While I'm not a snorer (although Nick may say otherwise) I'm a talker. And I've learned Nick has a lot to say too.

Just when I thought I could finally sleep soundly I was snapped out of a dead sleep when Nick jerked upright and yelled, "What the hell?". Just as quickly as he sat up he settled back down, not even opening his eyes. A few nights later he rolled over to my side of the bed to ask me to, "Please close the trophies."

The trophies? Really love...what did we win?

Now this bed time banter isn't all one-sided. I've woken Nick up a time or two when I've stolen all the blankets or decided to sleep diagonally across the bed.

Just one of married life's many blessings. Should have registered for the California king and some ear plugs maybe?

© Nichole DeMario, 2010 – 2012. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment