Search This Blog

9.28.2010

A word to the wise

As any intelligent woman knows one key to great looking skin is to properly remove your makeup.

Well after one very late wedding night of...knitting, I decide eh, it can wait until morning. I'll wake up, remove the remaining lipstick and fix my raccoon eyes before Sir Snores A LOT is even out of his REM sleep cycle.

Bad move Mrs. very bad move. I wake up at about 4:30 a.m. to a pulsating, burning eyelid. My eye is practically caked shut with Maybelline Falsies mascara. As I pry open my eye and try not to curse too loudly in an effort to leave my sleeping husband off in dream world, I finally see the result of my laziness.

Bloodshot...red...puffy...irritated...sensitive...OUCH!

As I should have all along, I wash my face, remove the remnants of the nights' smokey eye look and dig desperately in my purse for eye drops. I crawl back into bed and catch a few more ZZZ's hoping I'll look pristine and perfect later in the morning (and make my new husband think I always look this way in the mornings).

I knew you were hoping for a victory for the new bride. Nope. I spent the day in glasses, using the recommended amount of eye drops every four hours.

It's heart wrenching stuff people! Makeup removal is no joke! So remember no matter how late you're up knitting (or working on your needle point if that's your thing) remember to always remove that makeup or pay the consequences later.

© Nichole DeMario, 2010 – 2011. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment