Search This Blog

9.28.2010

Allow me to introduce us

Well hasn't this been a year of firsts? My first (& only) marriage, my first house, my first time living "away from home", first time living with someone other than family...and now my first blog. These are all firsts shared by my husband (still getting use to calling him that) too, minus the blog.

A little background on me, Nichole, and my significant other Nick. (And yes, I strategically planned that while I was dating. I would stop at nothing until I found a Nick that fit! And yes, we are naming every one of future children with the prefix "Nic"...kidding of course).

We grew up in the same town in Indiana. A little more suburban, a little less corn where we're from. We were in the same fifth grade class. It wasn't until junior year of high school that we really crossed paths again. With 3,000+ students in our high school that wasn't a difficult feat. We officially began dating May 8, 2004.

After graduation in 2005, we went on to college. Nick stayed local, majoring in business administration with minors in pre-law and communications (Note: has a job, searching for a jump start to his career in case you're hiring). I commuted to Columbia in Chicago where I majored in broadcast journalism with a concentration in television. I now work in communications, freelance and now blog.

I know, real exciting stuff here. High school sweethearts, yada yada yada...We persevered, went through our fair share of hiccups, but came out on top.

But the real deal, as previously noted, we share a lot of firsts. Being a newlywed is completely new territory for us. Living together - uncharted waters. I feel so sure when I'm with Nick, but this new adventure whoa! It's thrown me for a loop and we've been married 9 days (5 of which were spent on a honeymoon).

So here it goes. Our life, our trials and tribulations out for the world to see. Join us as we embark on our life together. This is Confessions of a Newlywed: Surviving Wedded Bliss.

© Nichole DeMario, 2010 – 2011. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment